Thursday, February 17, 2011

See the Blood

  
But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, and by His wounds we are healed. - Isaiah 53:5


God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. - 2 Cor. 5:21

Everything that we see on the shroud with regard to the injuries that the man sustained are perfectly consistent with what we see in the gospel account. You have a man who was both severely scourged and crucified. There's a lot of blood on the shroud: There's a tremendous amount of blood that flowed from the head; there's blood that flows from the side wound. These stains tell a horrifying story. They beat this man to hell. – The History Channel

I could only whisper: "Yes, sir...they did." Words have been written, said, cried, and shouted for centuries over the moments that Jesus the Christ took on Michelle the Fallen. Here, my words fall silent. Mangled in my brokenness...He speaks. Somehow, only by His Presence, His words rise with passion and pain as blood stains rise before my sights.

Bring me beneath the blood and all that means to me. My hope, my healing, my purity.
Here you will find me, silent in His grace. Gazing at my freedom, my love...His face.
My sin sliced His skin, my wounds became His scars. All so He could heal me and hold me in His arms.
This was not for the bad I'd done, this was for the evil I'd become. Horror as it's height, all to save my life.
He took every pain, He drove out ever fear. I know because He was there, and because He is here.

I try to muster a whisper of thanks, praise, and love. I am further drawn just to listen to Him. I'll soak in here for a while as He continues to wash over and heal.

Enjoy Him, Michelle mailto:mlpack777@gmail.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Powerful! Wow, glad you are writing again!! - J.D.

Anonymous said...

Truly touched just amazed how intense this message was for me. Thank you for the blessing. I.D.