Saturday, February 5, 2011

Face: Life

Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the LORD has spoken. Isaiah 40:4-5

Albuquerque, New Mexico. February 19, 1976. American Physicist John Jackson and his team of USAF colleagues scanned a Shroud photograph on a VP-8 digital image analyzer. The VP-8 image analyzer is an instrument used by NASA to convert a series of photos into one 3D topographical map – showing mountains and valleys of earth, the moon, etc. by converting “lights and darks” into “highlights and shadows.”

The VP-8 image analyzer produced a perfect 3D image of the Shroud photo. Despite numerous attempts before and since this moment, the photograph of the Shroud is the only known two dimensional image to produce a 3D topographical result. Ever. – Compressed explanations from History Channel

Just like the series of photos of landscapes used to create a 3D map of mountains and valleys, my life is a series of constant events, relationships, words, experiences, etc. that create the “mountains and valleys” map of life. That map, may look like it’s in 3D, but at the end of my days, I have literally said, “my life feels very two dimensional (and that was just yesterday). Outside of Christ, it always will. Life is put in its place in the Presence of His Person.

God said, “I’m with you on the mountain, Moses and I’m with you in the valley, David.” Mountains and valleys are part of the life God gives. They are the designed as the stories of our lives. It’s not about changing the life that I’m given, it’s discovering HIS light and abundant life that levels those mountains and raises those valleys. It’s seeing His glory revealed from within. It’s going beyond the series of experiences to find life in the Savior. Constantly. An entirely new way to see and live every day of life, as He (not me) IS the Life.

Mountains and valleys are analogies of experiences; light and dark are realities of heart and soul. Once the heart of the eternal Christ Himself rises under the shroud of my everyday living; He separates light from dark, life from death. This is where 2D living becomes Trinity/Dimensional living.  From one source alone, Christ alone,  

He notes, “So from the beginning, you choose: dark/death, light/life. My design of your life will bring a great story of mountains that I give as gifts and valleys that I will allow as tests. I will be with you with every step because I love you. I will reveal to you, when you seek only Me, that I am so much more than you see and experience and know in this glass darkly. I am infinite and intimate in you. Like the drape dropped before my brothers three, your humanity is a shroud holding inside the only true Life: the Holiness and Glory of Me. When I rise within you, rivers of MY life will flow and you will truly live.”  

His glory will be revealed. He has spoken. 

Enjoy Him, Michelle mlpack777@gmail.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Wonderful! I am proud of you! - Debbie

Anonymous said...

It amazes me that He is the only true living God, We are all broken pots and that is OK because he died for us and we were and still are undeserving. Our belief, faith and living a righteous life is what keeps us close to our Savior.

We have had our mountains and valleys the last year, but it was worth the trip, I feel closer to my God, he gives me the strength to have peace in my life because he stands by me, as my Father, and helps me climb that mountain, that in itself is a Blessing.

You definitely have a way with words, keep the faith and many Blessing in His Holy name.

Always .... Nancy

Anonymous said...

beautiful insights again. This felt full of peace-I don't know that you truly are right now, but there was peace in the writing....acceptance and peace. To God be the glory!Thanks for sharing