Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Still

Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. Psalm 46:10

“Let's stop here for a moment...Oh, Jesus,” my friend Mike prayed as he paused. He pauses often and prays even more. Due to a medical malpractice brain injury over a decade ago, Mike's mobility and cognitive movements cause him stop his steps. Due to an even deeper love and reliance on God, Mike's heart causes him to still in prayer.

Walking with someone who causes me to stop, still, wait, and pray – literally every few steps – is one of the most extraordinary experiences. I am overwhelmed with the presence of the Shepherd; calling me to still and know Him.

To most everyone on the planet, the response is, “Unless you live in a monastery, that's just not realistic. I have places to be, people to see. It's a beautiful dream, but not an everyday reality. ” Demands are as much a part of life as breathing. Even the most anointed accomplishments and relationships are an ever present reality. The call of our Saviour is not to neglect our lives, it is to focus our sights on Him along the way. “Choose the better. Intentionally still your mind to refocus your heart on Me. Look at your moments from My eternal view as you walk with Me, not before Me. When you still, I will reveal.”

Step a little slower. Soak in a little longer. Speak a little louder. Be here with Him. Oh, Jesus...

Enjoy Him, Michelle mlpack777@gmail.com

7 comments:

Debbie Griffith said...

Wonderful.

We are hurt we want to fight..oh it's the injustice we say...but God says; "Be still. I will do it for you." Exodus 14:14

Our FAITH is what honors Him. Trust in Him alone.

Love you. Thank You and you.

Juneytoonz said...

Thank you, Michelle. That was a very clear and open way to get a profound message across.

Anonymous said...

Being still is very hard for me -- my mind is constantly going 100mph! Thank you for reminding me how important it is to stop and be still in the midst of all the activities around me. - Betty

Anonymous said...

Good one!!! - Linda

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Thanks. - J Brabban

Anonymous said...

So beautiful- so much peace- it all sound so easy and it really is-sometimes! - Judy

Abba's Child in S FL said...

Thanks for sharing the insight. -Paula