Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christ(mas) Call

Moses and Aaron then went into the Tent of Meeting. When they came out, they blessed the people; and the glory of the LORD appeared to all the people. Leviticus 9:23

What if your father was President of the United States? Three years ago, I watched Jenna Bush call her father, President George W. Bush, before a live audience. As his daughter, she called to show how easy it was for her to contact the most powerful man in the county. She approached him with respect, confidence and playfulness – even a little “fear and trembling” over his response to such an impromptu call. The audience, regardless of personal agreement with the President, was thrilled and honored to be in the presence of such power, albeit vicariously.

Jenna asked her dad, "Are you mad?" He responded, "No, not at all, I'm glad to talk to you." The host asked if the President would like to say Merry Christmas to the audience. The President responded, “I do want to say Merry Christmas to your audience, and I want to tell my little girl that I love her.”

This display reminded me of a much more powerful conversation with the Most High God, Creator of Heaven and Earth, Ruler of all nations and how we neglect such an honor to call upon Him. If entering the Oval Office is a thrill, how much more then is entering the Holy of Holies at the invitation of the Awesome and Almighty King? Does fear keep us from the thrill of His conversation, as He waits on us to call?

Our “audience” wants to know, “Is it easy to call God?” They are awed by His Presence, but lack the intimate access of being His child to personally experience the conversation. Our Father responds with words of peace to the world and love to our hearts. He says, “I want to tell the people ‘Merry Christmas,’ celebrate my Son’s birth, but to the one who called on Me, I want you to know that there is no reason to fear my wrath only because you are my child and I love you very much! Enjoy my Presence and teach others to do the same through my Son.” This is Christmas.

Click here to watch Jenna Bush call her Dad, Pres. Bush

Enjoy Him, Michelle mlpack1@yahoo.com

4 comments:

Debbie Griffith said...

GREAT! Thank you! Seeking His presence more than His presents.

Merry Christmas and to all good things from Him above!

AMEN

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah....Call on our Father he is always eagerly waiting our call!!! Amen indeed...

Merry Christmas.
ID

Anonymous said...

Thanks… beautiful as always! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Very nice that we can call on our Father whenever we need Him and that with all His responsibilities, He still takes our call!



Thanks for your gift of words... xo