Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Worship

Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. James 4:8

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3




Praise and Worship

From the moment I start my car, praise music flows. Recently, I’ve noticed that as the familiar words surround my hearing, my thoughts wander off to affairs of the day or plans for the night. Wait...Praise of the Most High God is flowing, where is my worship?

Praise is the thread throughout the day, but has it become so familiar that I lose sight of the One I praise? While the holy, powerful, glorious Name of God reaches my hearing, my mouth is preoccupied with the absolute trivial and fleeting selfishness of my day. Stupid stuff while splendor sounds. No wonder the rest of my day is caught up in selfishness; I am given moments of worship and I waste the moments on me.

He replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: " 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.’ Mark 7:6

It’s not a matter of legalistically worshiping God at every turn. It’s a matter of being aware of God, all around, and responding to Him in love and worship. Creation shouts of His glory! Do I see, do I join, do I worship with?

From Levite to Love

When the Jews reached the temple gates, after ascending 14 steps on the southern end of the temple walls, they had only one, single, solitary thing on their minds: worship. These days when our church worship service begins, I find that I often have many things on my mind. The familiar songs begin and my mind goes into auto-pilot instead of being caught up in the awesome, beautiful, powerful Presence of the Most High God! One who loves and listens, delights and devotes, creates and cares.

Praise begins with prayer and prayer begins with praise. Constantly as breathing..only by His Spirit.

My heart determines my worship. Taking captive every thought, to worship, brings down every stronghold. Trusting in Him, keeps my mind steadfast on Him, in worship of Him. Here is His peace, His power and His Presence. When I come, loving Him. “To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices." Mark 12:33

John 10:10 notes that the enemy seeks to steal, kill and destroy my worship of the Most High God. Jesus restores my abundant life in pure worship of Him! Praise Him with my words, my thoughts, my rest in Him.

Enjoy Him, Michelle mlpack1@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that caught me exactly-I have the most incredible worship music in my car and my mind wanders from it-unbelievable! Ouch with the James double minded people! J.D.