Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Abba

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship (adoption), and by him we cry, "Abba, Father!” Romans 8:15



“I love when she calls me Daddy. Melts my heart every time.” – David Mitchell, Father to two year old Belle who is battling cancer.


Abba, I belong to You. – Brennan Manning

Dastan was caught stealing. He was terrified. He tried to run, of course. But a criminal’s consequences will always find him out. This day, however, he was under the gaze of the king. Just as the sword raised to smite him, the king’s right hand raised to save him. The king’s left hand raised to receive him. In an instant, Dastan was offered redemption and adoption. The famished had a feast. The beggar had an inheritance. The king became his father; the orphan became his prince. Dastan deserved death; the king gave him destiny. Raised in royalty. Lavished in love. Hardships of humanity will never steal his identity. Saved. Chosen. Redeemed. Loved. Son. Heir. Prince. Forever.

Dastan’s story is my story. Each of us begins in the market. Orphaned from day one by our separation from God. We are condemned by a law that we cannot keep. We try to run away and hide, but we will never our run our consequences. We are brought before a merciful king. His right hand, scarred with salvation, is lifted to save us from death. With His left hand, the King extends to us the option of adoption. Either we deny the king our sonship (and ourselves His Home), or we accept His amazing grace to call Him Abba Father forever. To accept His offer, we admit to our crimes, look Him in the eyes, and sign in Jesus’ blood. Then we are lifted on His white horse and taken to our inheritance. Dastan’s story is fable; our story is forever.

This is only the beginning, but it must begin to be. He created me to love Him, but I choose my destiny. Taking His hand, my journey begins. Love takes me in. (Click here for Abba's adoption song): When Love Takes You In by SCC

Enjoy Him, Michelle mlpack1@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Debbie Griffith said...

"Abba Father deep within my soul I cry...I will never cease to love you"...love that song. Again, another great post. Love this ending; "He created me to love Him, but I choose my destiny. Taking His hand, my journey begins. Love takes me in." Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff.