Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Have Mercy

Esther 7:3 Then Queen Esther answered, "If I have found favor with you, O king, and if it pleases your majesty, grant me my life—this is my petition."

Tithing the Tongue
“If I have found favor with you, O King...this is my petition.” Esther's first words were directly to her husband and respectful of her king. She knows to touch the scepter before speaking the tongue.

Like Esther, My King and my Husband tells me that my request will be given (John 14:13, Matt. 6:33). His Spirit tells me to seek His Favor and speak His Name first and forever in my prayer. Respect before Request. Praise before Petition. Hallowed be Your Name, O King.

Expose my Enemy
Esther 7:6a Esther said, "The adversary and enemy is this vile Haman." Esther calls out the one to be expelled. The enemy must be exposed to be extinguished. Silence softens the blow but tightens the cords of deception, especially in the denying the details. Complete confession is not condemnation, it is essential communication. Do not deny the dark and do not deny the Light – confess them both and call them all out loud - condemning the viper and praising the Victor constantly before the King Jesus.

Two as One
Esther 7:6b Then Haman was terrified before the king and queen. From idolized to unified, the terrorist becomes terrified. Beth Moore notes the intimacy of the unity of the king and queen: “two people sharing life as one." In John 14:20 Jesus said, “On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you” The cross of Christ was so that He and I could share life as one – in perfect intimacy. Though I am in Covenant union with Him, I must constantly choose devotion to Him; both for my intimacy and victory.

Falling for Mercy
Esther 7:7b "Haman was found on the queen's couch begging for mercy" and sealing his death - all in the same moment. Decisions in the dark deepen the dagger in the heart.

Isaiah 6 brings us to another man's falling before Royalty: a prophet before God on the throne. This servant of God (completely opposite to Haman) still calls out his conviction in the Presence of the King. Isaiah's confession brings mercy; not for his status, but for the lamb's sacrifice.

Fallen before His Throne, His Mercy Seat, I am never misunderstood or met with rage, but fully known and welcomed. I deserve to be hung on the gallows that I built with beams of pride, jealousy, deception, greed, anger and unbelief. My confession is this: that the Perfect King Himself has been crucified in my place on the gallows built for me. Mercy is received; only because of the Lamb's sacrifice.

If I have found favor with You, my King, and if it pleases Your Majesty, grant me my life - this is my petition. This is my cry, fallen on the lap of love.

Enjoy Him, Michelle
mlpack1@yahoo.com

No comments: