Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Taste and See

Book of Esther
For such a time, the palace is mine; the Husband-King, revealed to me. (mlp) Esther is as much present as past, for God works eternally and intimately in our nations and in our hearts. This book is famous for not mentioning the name of my Dad, the King over all of the Universe. I wonder how much of my life is the same...telling His story but not mentioning His Name. Will my everyday story shout of His glory as much as my whispers of His Name? When the time (or an "opportune moment"), comes may the revelation of His Name be received with favor as I have honored Him in love to His created ones?

God Himself is both Author and Narrator of this tale. His throne room is beautiful, powerful, and desirable. I enjoy the warm comfort of His Robes as He wraps me in His Light and reminds me of His moving in days of old and moments of now. This moment is of hope and beauty, rising within me to really live the life voiced by the Great I AM. He shows me the home of the humbled and orphaned Jew and the grandeur of the king's throne room. I hear the roar of the people and the whispers of the nobles. I smell the aromas the villagers and the sweetness of the king's gardens. I feel the sackcloth irritating and the silk soothing my skin. I taste the fullness of a banquet's best and the emptiness of a fasting's cry.

This tale of truth and deliverance begins with an attempt to describe the indescribable: the overwhelming splendor of a kingdom (true Home). The scene soon shifts down the road to my house in the "outskirts" of Persian power (temporary home), but for now, I soak in the story of stunning sights and sounds of feasting at the King's table of our Inheritance.

This day, the majestic moments are in the mundane. Some days I feel Him and some days I move unaware of the splendor that sings over us passionately in perfect love. This moment, I enjoy the Splendor of His Word Breathed over me.

Enjoy Him, Michelle
mlpack1@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
Wow. I was reading a little from your blog and this part stuck out to me soooo much...
"This book is famous for not mentioning the name of my Dad, the King over all of the Universe. I wonder how much of my life is the same...telling His story but not mentioning His Name. Will my everyday story shout of His glory as much as my whispers of His Name? When the time (or an "opportune moment"), comes may the revelation of His Name be received with favor as I have honored Him in love to His created ones?"

What truth is in there!
Oh that I will be a representative of His love to others. Love-not that which is known by the world but that Love that surpasses all others and causes hearts to be drawn upward to where Love resides.